Last updated January 2020
Checks Unlimited Business Checks provides business check printing and business form services to small businesses,
serving our customers through multiple distribution channels. This site is intended only for use by business customers
who order from Checks Unlimited Business Checks. Consumers who wish to order from Checks Unlimited should go to
Privacy at Checks Unlimited Business Checks and Solutions
Checks Unlimited and this website are intended for U.S. business customers only. This policy is effective April 30th, 2007,
and applies to all business customer identifiable information that customers provide to Checks Unlimited.
Protecting privacy is not new to Checks Unlimited. Checks Unlimited has a long history of recognizing and protecting
the privacy of its business customers. Checks Unlimited is committed to protecting privacy and utilizing technology that
provides the most powerful, safe, on-line experience available. We want to assure you that when Checks Unlimited asks for
business information, it's done with the goal of improving our relationship. Checks Unlimited participates in and complies
with the Better Business Bureau's (BBB) Privacy Program. More information on the BBB and their Privacy Program is
available at www.bbbonline.org
The following statements will help you understand how we collect, use and safeguard business information you provide to
Internet Specific Information
Information Collection and Use
When you browse Checks Unlimited's website, you do so without revealing your identity.
Personal information, including email address, is not collected without your awareness.
For each visitor to our website, our servers recognize the website you came from and the
website you visit after you leave. In the order capture process, Checks Unlimited and/or a
third party ad server may track the order preferences of visitors to our website. Information
tracked and retained by Checks Unlimited is generic and not individually identifiable.
This is accomplished through cookies.
Google Analytics is a specific technology used on this web site to
manage content and advertising. You can find out how Google uses data
when you use our partners’ sites at this link:
Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored by your web browser on your computer's
hard drive. A cookie may contain information (such as unique session ID), that is used to track
to improve your shopping experience. This information helps us serve you better by keeping track
of your order as you shop at our site and it helps us by improving our site design.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually change your browser to prevent
that. Even without a cookie, you can use the majority of the features within our sites.
Security of Information
Security measures are in place on the Checks Unlimited website to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration
of the information under our control. We offer industry-standard security measures available through
your web browser. When you are on our website, the information you provide is encrypted and scrambled en
route and decoded once it reaches Checks Unlimited. Please remember that email, which is different from
the encrypted sessions above, is not secure. Therefore, we ask that you do not send confidential information
such as taxpayer ID numbers or account numbers to us via unsecured email. Such communications should
be sent to us by postal mail or phone.
Checks Unlimited takes steps to require that its vendors, consultants, suppliers, and contractors,
Children Visiting our Website
Our website is directed at adults. We do not knowingly collect or use information from children.
Should children access our website, we are confident that parents will not judge any of the information
provided as objectionable for viewing. If you are under 18, you should use the Checks Unlimited Business
Checks and Solutions website only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
Other Websites Linked to Checks Unlimited’s Website
Checks Unlimited is not responsible for the content or information practices
employed by sites linked to or from our website. In most cases, links to non-Checks
Unlimited websites are provided solely as pointers to information on topics that
may be useful to the users of the Checks Unlimited website.
General Business Practices
Disclosure of Individual Consumer Information
We are committed to protecting your business information. Checks Unlimited uses
the information collected from you to process orders and to provide a more personalized
shopping experience. Checks Unlimited may also use your information to communicate
with you about products, services, and promotions in the future. For the purposes
of check verification and fraud prevention, Checks Unlimited will exchange
information about our customers internally, among our affiliates and with reputable
reference sources and clearinghouse services. Checks Unlimited sometimes merges data
with outside vendors to determine more accurate demographic customer profiles.
The information we gather may be used to protect customers, employees and property
against fraud, theft or abuse; to conduct industry or consumer surveys; and to
maintain good customer relations.
Checks Unlimited does not share email addresses, but may selectively share names,
mailing addresses (not email addresses), and other purchase information (not bank
identifiers or account numbers) to reputable third parties (catalog mailers providing
business products/services, direct mail marketing companies, and non-profit organizations)
whose products or services we think may interest you. These third parties are carefully
information you provide Checks Unlimited to be shared with other companies for marketing
purposes you have the Choice to Opt-Out as detailed below.
Choice to Opt-Out
Checks Unlimited provides you the opportunity to opt out of (1) receiving unsolicited
marketing mail and/or (2) sharing the information with unaffiliated third parties
and other organizations. You may opt-out by calling 1-800-204-2244 and expressing
your request. You may also make this request by any other communication option listed
below under Contacting Checks Unlimited.Contacting Checks Unlimited
Identifying Information You Choose to Provide
At times, Checks Unlimited may request that you voluntarily supply customer information
for purposes such as correspondence, website registration, making a purchase, participating
in an on-line survey. If you elect to participate, Checks Unlimited, and our affiliates,
may require personally identifiable information, including your name, mailing address,
phone number, bank information, credit card information or email address. When you submit
business information to Checks Unlimited you understand and agree that Checks Unlimited
may access, store and use your information. Information you provide will be safeguarded
to strict standards of security and confidentiality. Because Checks Unlimited recognizes
and appreciates the importance of responsible use of the information you choose to provide,
we do not share email addresses with unaffiliated third parties and other organizations.
Checks Unlimited is committed to ensuring that the information we obtain and use about
its customers is accurate. You can help us maintain the accuracy of information previously
provided or information we may have collected by informing us of changes or modifications
through the Contacting Checks Unlimited methods described below, or by calling 1-800-204-2244.
Checks Unlimited service representatives are trained to answer customer questions, and to
give customers reasonable access to the information we have about them.
Periodically, our operations and business practices are reviewed for compliance with corporate
policies and procedures governing the confidentiality of information. These reviews are conducted
by internal staff, internal auditors who report directly to the Board of Directors, external
auditing and accounting firms and government regulators. Included in these self-assessments and
examinations are reviews of the controls and safeguards related to customer privacy described
will be posted on this website so that you are aware of the information we collect, how we use
it, as well as the latest updates on how we maintain the secure portions of our website.
Your Acceptance of These Terms
By purchasing products or services from Checks Unlimited Business Checks and Solutions or using
the Checks Unlimited business website, you consent to the Privacy Statement for Checks Unlimited.
If you do not agree with this policy, please do not purchase from us and do not use our site.
We reserve the right, at our discretion, to change, modify, add or remove portions from this
policy at any time. Your continued purchases or continued use of the Checks Unlimited website
following the posting of changes to these terms means you accept these changes.
Contacting Checks Unlimited
If you would like to request the data stored in your customer file or do not want the information
you provide to be shared with other companies for marketing purposes, please contact us at
1-800-204-2244 or at the address listed below.
PO Box 19000
Colorado Springs, CO 80935-9000
PRIVACY NOTICE – CALIFORNIA-SPECIFIC ADDENDUM
If you are a California resident, the following provisions apply to our processing of information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household [subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act] (“California Personal Information”). For such residents, the provisions of this California Addendum prevail over any conflicting provisions of the Privacy Notice.
Deluxe has collected the following categories of California Personal Information within the last 12 months1:
- Identifiers such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, social security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.
- Personal information described in subdivision (e) of Section 1798.80 (California Customer Records statute). This means any information that identifies, relates to, describes, or is capable of being associated with, a particular individual, including, but not limited to, his or her name, signature, social security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information.
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law.
- Commercial information, including records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- Biometric information.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an Internet Web site, application, or advertisement.
- Geolocation data.
- Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.
- Professional or employment-related information.
- Education information, defined as information that is not publicly available personally identifiable information as defined in the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99).
- Inferences drawn from any of the information identified in this subdivision to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.2
Within the last 12 months, within the meaning of the California Consumer Privacy Act, we have sold California Personal Information identified in the above categories A-K.3
Within the last 12 months, we have disclosed California Personal Information identified in the above categories (A)-(K) for our business purposes. To learn more about the categories of third parties with whom we share such information, please see www.deluxe.com/policy/privacy.
We obtain California Personal Information from a variety of sources.4 [These sources include: yourself, with respect to both online and offline interactions you may have with us or our service providers; other entities with whom you transact; others with whom you maintain relationships who may deal with us on your behalf; the devices you use to access our websites, mobile applications, and online services; credit bureaus; identify verification and fraud prevention services; marketing and analytics providers; public databases; social media platforms; and others consistent with this Privacy Notice.] Please see www.deluxe.com/policy/privacy.
We use the California Personal Information we collect for the business purposes disclosed within this Privacy Notice. Please see www.deluxe.com/policy/privacy.. Please note that the business purposes for which we may use your information include:5
- audits and reporting relating to particular transactions and interactions, including online interactions, you may have with us or others on our behalf;
- detecting and protecting against security incidents, and malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity, and prosecuting the same;
- debugging to identify and repair errors in our systems;
- short-term, transient use including contextual customization of ads;
- providing services on our behalf or on behalf of another, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, fulfilling transactions, verifying identity information, processing payments, and other services;
- conducting internal research to develop and demonstrate technology;
- conducting activity to verify, enhance, and maintain the quality or safety of services or devices which we may own, control, or provide.
We may also use the information we collect for our own or our service providers’ other operational purposes, purposes for which we provide you additional notice, or for purposes compatible with the context in which the California Personal Information was collected.
Your California Rights
If you are a California resident, you have certain rights related to your California Personal Information. [You may exercise these rights free of charge except as otherwise permitted under applicable law.]
Do Not Sell My Personal Information
If you are a California resident, you have the right to opt out of our sales of certain information relating to individuals and households subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act. To exercise this opt-out right, whether you have an account or not, please submit a request via Privacy@Deluxe.com. If you do not have an account, include your name and email address or mailing address.
- Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.100(a)(5)(B).
- Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.130(c).
- Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.130(a)(5)(C)(i).
- Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.110(c)(2).
"Business purpose" is a defined term under the CCPA. Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.140(d). This notice takes the position that "business purpose" includes any reasonable
operational purpose, but we note that the definition is unclear. Possibly, "business purpose" may mean only the specific listed items within the definition (audits,
detecting security incidents, etc.).
- Pending legislation provides for alternative means of exercising rights. AB 1564. This draft reflects the law as currently in effect.
- Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.130(a)(5).